- - -
When it comes to strength and weight, the Hitchgate™ Solo packs a powerful punch. With the same tow rating as its bigger siblings and the capacity to carry a 35-inch tire (on a mid-sized truck), the Solo is ready for whatever the adventure calls for. The Hitchgate Solo was designed to go lean and low on the next adventure while still being prepared. The Hitchgate Solo’s reduced weight is perfect for those looking to carry a 35-inch or smaller spare tire, and a single Rotopax fuel can.
Not only is weight reduced, but so is the overall height of the truck mount, 4″ lower than a Classic Hitchgate. By relocating the truck mount at the *same level* as the vehicle’s receiver hitch, the Solo is uniquely designed to accommodate vehicles that have low clearance between the rear hatch/door and the receiver (Ex: Sprinter, Renegade, Tahoe). The Hitchgate Solo is also a phenomenal candidate for Subarus and any vehicle where every pound counts.
The Hitchgate Solo spare tire carrier universally fits on all vehicles with a Class III/2″ hitch receiver. This swing-away, spare tire carrier mounts to any 2-inch, Class III hitch receiver and is perfect for SUVs, Jeeps, vans and pickups. This tough tire carrier secures up to a 35-inch spare tire (on mid-sized vehicles) while maintaining ground clearance with minimal change in departure angles when driving off-road. Release a single latch pin and it opens wide for full access to the vehicle’s cargo space.
NOTE: Solo sits level with vehicles receiver hitch.
The Hitchgate Solo is tow-rated at 7,500 lbs (max trailer weight) and 750 lbs (tongue weight).
-Solo [25″ wide from hitch to pivot bolt, 3.5″ minimum depth from 1st hitch pin to back of support arm. 4.5″ to the next hitch pin hole.]
-Solo–> All compact and mid-sized trucks, SUVs and cars with tires up to 35″. Full sized trucks, SUVs and cars with tires smaller than 33″.
Like all Wilco Offroad products, the Hitchgate Solo is proudly built in Southern California and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- Zero offset or shallow offset (high positive offset) wheels may require an additional wheel spacer.
- Rectangular support arm is welded to secondary hitch extending 2″ above factory hitch and 29″ out horizontally.
- When properly installed, the Solo will sit level with inside of the hitch…if your bumpers arc upward at the corners, the Solo may appear not to follow those body lines as it is mated up to the hitch rather than the bumper.
- Solo WILL interfere with factory back-up sensors and/or back-up camera. The camera will still have *some* visibility.
- 4.5″ of clearance required from center of hitch pin hole rearward for it to be compliant with wedge-lock system. You may need to relocate spare tire from underneath or modify to gain the necessary clearance.